
This is how John and I felt this morning. We are all so exhausted, especially Mommy and Daddy. Jackson got RSV last week and has had a nasty cough to boot. We could hardly pull ourselves out of bed this morning. Despite our monitors being on full blast on either side of the bed, we can't help but feel the need to check on our little sickee across the hall. We both have been checking on Jackson throughout the night to make sure he is breathing okay and to fight the parental instincts that if you just sleep with him in your arms you'll both sleep better...Wrong! My saving grace is that he is a happy sick boy, he is all smiles and coo's inbetween all the harsh coughs and drippiness. And fortunately, I think we have seen the worst of it and he is starting to get better. Thus far Daddy has warred off all the coughing and sneezing we have thrown at him. But unfortunately, Mommy has it too!
Any suggestions on how to get a good nights sleep is very much appreiciated.



6 comments:
Sharon..we are going through it too. Both kids are terrible sleepers. Mike is barely functioning at work and I woke up today with flu symptons and c-section pain. Even with my mom taking Jackson, I am still worn out. Trying to get sleep AND taking care of Madison. What we would do for a full nights rest without interupttion 'eh? I hope it gets better for you. If you find a secret..please share. :)
we are so sorry to hear that Jackson is so sick but glad to hear he is getting better. sick kids is definetly one of the joys of parenthood. Good luck!
Drop everything and take a nap when he's taking a nap. Normally I don't do this, but it has been my saving grace the past couple of days! I'm soooo glad that you are both feeling better! Hang in there! We look forward to playing soon!
Love,
Becca and Rulan
I say take nyquil- one of you that is, and then the other one gets up with jackson. Then the next night switch. It is so hard when nobody gets any sleep. Kaden isn't sick but was up 4 times last night- ah! I'm hoping for a good one tonight! Let me know how I can help you. It is so hard having a sick baby- especially when you are sick yourself!
I hope you all are feeling better and getting some rest!
That is no good. I really hope you guys have seen improvement! Let us know if we can do anything to help!
Post a Comment